Friday, February 08, 2013

daffodils snap balance

Gloomy dank winter resulted in a number of gloomy dank photographs in this spot over the past few months, or so it seems to me. Here, to make up for it are the first daffodils. They are in a vase it is true. The bunches from the flower stall were just buds a few days ago, but today they are fully open and release an amazing aroma in the process.

"Trying to capture a snap," says Olive who spots my camera as she passes me in The Grove.

"If you agree with me  on nine  out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist. " Ed Koch , three times mayor of New York who died recently.


4 comments:

Roderick Robinson said...

Snaps are one of those words that have been left behind. It was just possible to think of a Polaroid as a snap. But the word undermined the seriousness of my film-based Pentax and its heavy cantilevering lens. Now, ironicaly, digitisation has turned photography into such a casual occupation that snap carries too much freight. We no longer snap things, perhaps we snip them.

Lucas said...

Joyce loves the daffodil photo; she says the texture of the flowers is there as well as the colour.

tristan said...

and sometimes you allow your considerable intellect to skip forward un-self-consciously and joyously greet the subject halfway, even before the ickle-clickety sound of that SNAP !

Unknown said...

Proper photographers would not want to be associated with snaps. Me, I am no more than a snapper. I point my camera and that's about it apart from some digital tweaking. For me the image is what counts and if I end up with something satisfactory that's enough for me.