Sunday, January 03, 2010

messages, unexpected, aftercare

Posted by PicasaMessages.
.
Hopping and running very fast over the brick pavement of Mount Pleasant among the passing shoppers is a long tailed tit. It seems to be disturbed neither by the feet of pedestrians nor by the cars parked against the kerb where, every now and then, a door opens and a human torso emerges. At first I think that it has lost the will or the capacity to fly so close does it allow me to approach. Then reassuringly it flies off across the road. The cold weather seems to have made birds slower to react or more friendly to humans. This is not the first occasion since the cold began that I have found myself eye to eye with a wild bird.
.
Having reached the Sony support centre after a weekend without the laptop, I am cheered by the quality of the help provided. Windows is restored, and I am relieved, as one is when a piece of metal filled with circuits is returned from a moribund state to one where it fulfills its purpose. I am even happier when the "supporter" at the end of the line asks what time would be convenient for him to ring me tomorrow to check that everything is working as it should be.

1 comment:

raymond pert said...

Just a quick thank you very much for coming over to kellogg bloggin' and commenting on my 3BT listing of Wallace Stevens. I look forward to reading more of your posts here and at your other sites.