Friday, September 02, 2005

Bopeep, brambles, shingle

Outside West St Leonards station there is a signal box with a sign, which reads Bopeep Junction.

A recorded announcement on the train that the refreshment trolley is on the way strikes me as containing a particularly well rounded and mellifluous sentence: "Please ensure that the aisles are left clear of bags and luggage to allow the service to progress smoothly through the train."

I lie in the sun on the shingle beach, and the small, warm pebbles mould themselves comfortably round my body.

1 comment:

melloman said...

Life's Necessities Grow Scarcer at the Superdome
NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 2 -- The concourse outside the battered Louisiana Superdome resembled a day-of-the-locusts panorama Friday morning: thousands of souls crying and begging and pleading for help.
Hi, I was just checking out blogs and surfing through some and found you! I like your blog. I will book mark it and come back soon. If you are interested, go see my home decor related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.home decor