Friday, September 30, 2005

English, unexpected grass, too bad

Hearing the rythms and intonations of English in the street after more than a week of Spanish and Catalan. There is a place for both but it is nice to come back to the familiar.

From the bridge that crosses the railway line at the station, I see grass growing in the gutter of the roof over platform 1. It is proper grass rather than a mixture of weeds. You don't often have the chance to look down on gutters.

I enjoy this tidy dismissal by Ambrose Bierce, the American writer and wit, in a book review in the San Francisco Chronicle. "The covers of this book," he wrote, "are too far apart."

3 comments:

tristan said...

i imagine you are the sort of feller that whistles jerusalem in the shower !

Unknown said...

I wonder why. I love speaking and listening to Spanish and English. It was the change I appreciated rather than the subject that was changing. Cheers. And did those feet...?

Free Traffic System said...

Hello,

I liked your blog. I found many interesting information here.
I also give free info about forex global strategy on my
href="http://www.WebTradingSystem.com">Forex Trading System
site.

If you have time please visit my web site to get some free forex global strategy
information.

Kind regards,
Nick