Sunday, October 11, 2009

palm, Mermaid, questions


Posted by PicasaPalm trees are harmonious to contemplate.
.
Sitting in a cosy corner of the Mermaid Tavern with glass of Sauvignon Blanc, a plate of plaice and chips and in the company of loved ones is a beautiful thing. The rain has meanwhile chased the tourists from the streets of Rye leaving us to appreciate the strange mixture of the old and the new, the odd and the elegant in a seaport from which the sea has long ago retreated.
.
Yesterday's emails are full of questions, which demand fairly prompt answers. Some from Clare Grant, who has a deadline, on the subject of blogging in general and blogging in Tunbridge Wells in particular, are particularly intriguing. Having replied in detail I feel paradoxically as though I have learnt something, which I suppose comes from formulating answers to questions, which I have not put to myself, but would, on reflection, have liked to.

3 comments:

Zhoen said...

The Fortean Times has several articles about Mermaids this month, or last month depending.

Roderick Robinson said...

Knowing, too, that you have already read "The Golden Bowl" must have been a further comfort.

Lucy said...

I thought you might eat oyster. Plaice and chips sounds better to me!