Wednesday, March 02, 2011

warning, seedlings, spam


Posted by PicasaNotices often strike me as having a general rather than a specific message. This one is hard to identify as one or the other.

In the sash window of a house which I pass  this afternoon, a small plastic bag hangs containing five or six seedlings in a little soil. They like me are waiting for the Spring.

Google's advertisements which pop up in response to words which appear on Google mail never cease to amuse. None more than today's. Google mail's own spam file today, as I dispatch a spam message, into oblivion, triggers a recipe for a "Creamy Spam Casserole. Makes 8 servings".

5 comments:

marja-leena said...

Oh, yes, I've seen many recipe variations for the use of SPAM, a canned meat product. I think I sampled it back in the 60's. Do you have it in the UK too?

Roderick Robinson said...

The temptation to insert "premature" between "to" and "hot" is irresistible. (An idea that seemed worthwhile but has lost a good deal in the execution - all those quotes.)

Unknown said...

M-l Spam was an important feature of our post World War 2 diet. It is still available in supermarkets.

BB Such notices, don't you think, often prove tempting. I couldn't have reached this one even if I had been tempted.

tristan said...

surely the question of liability should be determined by a jury

marja-leena said...

Oh, maybe Spam originated in the UK and was brought over by the many Brits who moved to Canada and US.