Sunday, September 01, 2013

Lace, baby and little green fingers

 This year's lace cap hydrangea

Alone in  a bench in The Grove a young man (cropped hair, brown jacket, blue jeans, suede shoes) is feeding  from a bottle a very small baby nestled in his arms. 

A glut of courgettes (zucchini) is becoming an embarrassment. Having  already distributed a recipe for a grated courgette frittata and suggested other means of ingenious means of cooking them, I detect fear in the eyes of neighbours when they see me approaching with a basket of the vegetables. Neighbours are beginning to tire of them I can see. But to day  while cutting the hedge I manage to off load several pounds to passers by whom I know enough to approach. To my pleasure they are gratefully received, even when  the little green fingers, neglected for a day or so, have grown into  marrows.


No comments: