Sunday, September 16, 2007

surprise, time, cheese

I wake up this morning thinking about the many silly things I have said and done, and begin to enumerate them. What surprises me is that I am sensible enough to admit them to myself, if to no one else.

Now that I am becoming familiar with facts such as the age of the universe (14.7 billion years), the Earth (4.56 billion years), homo sapiens (200,000years), me (74 years), I am beginning to think that numbers are of little consequence.

With an odd moment to spare, I grab a piece of cheese and go into the Autumnal garden for a nibble while looking at the abutilon and the hibiscus, both of which are white. In particular, the pink Japanese anemones give pleasure because they were the only flowers growing in the garden, when I came to live here more than 20 years ago.

No comments: