Tuesday, July 22, 2008

summer..., hoist, request

...grass.

The slow process of re-slating the roof of the house just round the corner proceeds and produces interesting sounds. The most spectacular is that of a hoist lifting material up to the the top of the scaffolding. It sounds like a wild animal in pain, or, as I have remarked of a similar hoist at work, thesound that issues from donkeys usually without any warning.

"What are you doing?" asks a guest.
"I'm making some notes."
"What sort of notes?"
"Notes for my blog."
"Can I be on your blog?"
Now, though you will probably never know it, you are.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Well, your guest's response indicates a higher level of curiosity and interest than I generally receive...

Unknown said...

More vanity than curiosity, I fear.