Tuesday, May 12, 2009

rose, contrast, magic

Posted by Picasa
Early rose.

When you step from the shade, where you feel the east wind that has been blowing for the last few days, into the sun, you remember that Summer is upon us, despite the wind.

This morning, I say to myself, as I water the seedlings in the garden where the wind has dried the soil as much as the sun, "if I water them now, it will rain before long". And that proves to be so because, as I write this, drops are falling outside the window.

2 comments:

The Crow said...

My lone rose bush, a Chrysler Imperial, has two tiny buds on it today. Your rose is so realistic, I imagine I can smell its beautiful scent.

Lovely post, Joe.

:)

Lucy said...

Some red rosebuds coming out on our return, and many rugosa, which I love for the scent especially, at the plan d'eau.

Good to catch up!