Wednesday, February 28, 2007

truth, pigeon, success

There is a debate on Radio 4's Today programme about the existence of God. Because there is so little time, arguments for and against seem equally ineffectual. The next day I wake with the thought: Truth comes in small packets, which are usually sent to different addresses.

Being no geek, I feel pleased with myself when I can help a technophobe. Today I persade and help one to download photographs on to his computer frim his new digital camera. To my surprise it works, and he as even more delighted than I am to see his photographs appear on the screen.

In the hall the shadows of leaves cast through the front door by the afternoon sun, dance longingly on the painting of a pigeon, which hangs there.

1 comment:

Lucas said...

Truth comes in small oackets - is a very good line.