Tuesday, May 08, 2012

gate straight dispute























Part of the apparatus of a heavy duty gate now abandoned. I suspect that it is part of locking device rather than a pin.

From afar I can identify our neighbour P by his gait. On the far side of The Grove I see him walking home in a straight line. Home is where he wants to be.  He looks neither to left nor right. He shows no interest in his surroundings. His eyes are perhaps fixed on something inside his head.

A furore on the grass.  A pigeon and a crow are in dispute. Over what I cannot see. Both birds suddenly fly  a few feet  up in the air, and face each other furiously flapping.


1 comment:

marja-leena said...

Love the photo, Joe, just my kind of thing.

The battling birds remind me of a battle in our yard between a squirrel and a stellar's jay, over a peanut.