Wednesday, September 28, 2011

beer cucumbers pregnant


Posted by Picasa Reflections in a glass of beer.  Memory of the first beer of our holiday now receding into the past.

Among the vegetables which I have not grown before or at least recently, are thick, prickly, ridge- cucumbers. They have been prolific this year and I have  been dispersing them to all and sundry. They are full of flavour and juice, nothing like greenhouse grown supermarket cucumbers.

At a table outside The Tunbridge Wells Bar and Grill, a young woman, who moves a chair to another table responds to an older woman's admonition "you mustn't carry anything," "I'm pregnant. I'm not ill."

1 comment:

Lucas said...

Amazing photograph. I like the way two figures can clearly be seen at the base of the glass just near where the stem starts. A fine way to recall that moment of anticipation!