Saturday, June 13, 2009

conversation, cards, bee

Posted by PicasaConversation in the Grove where it is always afternoon. "Summer afternoon ... summer afternoon," wrote Henry James, "the two most beautiful words in the English language

Cards arranged upright on a table facing inwards, glimpsed through a window, betoken a birthday. I don't know who lives there, but many happy returns all the same.

As I make my through the Farmers Market, a bag containing a dahlia with dark purple leaves and a salvia with bright red flowers in either hand, a woman says to me " you're going to be a busy bee". I think to myself that if I were indeed a bee, her remark would be as true and even more appropriate.

2 comments:

The Crow said...

Your photo today has a painterly quality to it, Joe; sort of impressionist. Very good picture, I think.

:)

Unknown said...

They are neighbours of mine. I took several pictures, but interestingly the best ones and paradoxically the most expressive the are taken from behind.