Tuesday, August 28, 2012

talking tabbouleh six











Two pairs of feet in conversation.

A salad which I enjoy making and eating is tabbouleh. It originates in the Middle East and is made with dried or cracked wheat, called burghul, which  is brought back to life by simmering for 10 - 15 minutes. To the burghul is added lemon juice, olive oil, a little finely chopped onion, a plentiful quantity of chopped parsley and almost as much chopped mint. Chopped tomatoes give it sweetness and colour. I recommend it at this time of year.

This afternoon in the bus I pass a cricket pitch in Langton Green. I think to myself that it is pretty close to the road, and that a strong shouldered batsman might easily lift a loose ball into the traffic. I wonder if players are asked to hit the ball in the direction of the road, quite a liberty, but perhaps necessary. It is a long time since I squared my shoulders and a hit a cricket ball above the outfield and over the boundary. But a good feeling to dwell upon as the bus drives on.


Something utterly weird has happened to my banner picture! I have queried it with Blogger. Help!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Not only your banner but quite a lot of your photos have gone that way. How distressing and puzzling.