Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mud, simplicity and triumph

More jetsam on Thames mud

For vegetarian brother Ken a simple dish of lentils and spinach spiced with turmeric, coriander, ginger, garlic and garam masala. He says it isn't simple because he follows and detects the different flavours. I am flattered. But it is simple.

After Ken leaves I immerse myself for the once again since since the harsh times begin  in Schubert's String Quintet. While it is playing I it get dark. As it gets dark I note a flash of lightening followed by a roll of thunder. With what triumph the last movement raises the spirit!

3 comments:

Lucas said...

The sand and the tide have somehow organised the contents of that tin to make it look arranged. Excellent image.
Yes. I agree with you about Schubert's wonderful music.
It is nice to read about the spices I was enjoying today.

Rouchswalwe said...

The photo brings to mind a snippet of Sappho's poetry translated by Mary Barnard:
If you are squeamish
don't prod
the beach rubble -

Unknown said...

Lucas Is it nature arranges it or the framing of the subject?

R That's a marvelous quote. I would not have guessed that it was Sappho. I am glad to know it.