Saturday, February 02, 2013

ice jam time-saver

A lip of ice on top of a wall.

At the Brasserie des Sources in The Pantiles which opened in November they seek as the name suggests  to create a  cross-Channel impression. The croissants are  light and taste of butter but are small in comparison to what you expect and they are served with jam. Maybe things have changed in France, but jam with croissants is new to me. My preference would be for croissants of a respectable size and no jam.

Some articles in magazines and newspapers, particularly political articles, are becoming increasingly predictable. I find that it saves times having read the title to content myelf with the last paragraph.

He is on the up-escalator, she on the down. It is the evening rush hour on the London Underground. They recognise one another almost at the same moment despite the 10 years since they lost touch. The twentieth post in One Fine Day tells their story.



1 comment:

marja-leena said...

I love your latest story 'Near Miss' on One Fine Day. Having read it in the feed, I then went to your page to try to comment but it wasn't there. I feel like this could be a longer story, say a novella, for I was left wanting to turn the page and see what happens next, even wanting to know about what happened 10 years earlier.