Friday, May 24, 2013

Shard, alter ego and logic




































A wine glass fell off the table. No wine in it fortunately, but an interesting photograph perhaps.

For the last two or three months I have been imagining myself to be a cat. The result has been three stories published in my parallel blog One Fine Day, http://www.hnjh.blogspot.com . They amount in fact to one story in three parts, all consistent with the blog, very short and requiring little time to read. Today I have just published the third and final part called Shattered in which my feline alter ego is receives a lasting shock to his not inconsiderable self-esteem.

Why do I like sudokus? A waste of time I sometimes think. But when the final numbers come together  in the only possible order dictated by logic it is like hearing notes of music fall into place.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Or the correctly arrived at solution to a differential equation.